bad-min-ton n. A sport played by volleying a shuttlecock back and forth over a high narrow net by
means of a light, long-handled racket. (American Heritage Dictionary)
bad-min-ton n. Something bored people do at picnics with relatives they see once a year. (Pauli)

Friday, November 10, 2006

Which kind of guy am I?

I mused out loud earlier, being in my Harvey personality, before Mrs. Flautbert told him to shut up (I'm a regular Sybil), to my wife and I said:

"Honey, there are too types of guys in this world. One type of guy is the type of guy who brags about how much he spent on this thing, you know, and that and the other. The other is the type of guy who likes to brag about how little he spent on whatever. The question is which type of guy do you think I am?"

She did laugh a little at that, albeit siliently, then I believe she immediately perceived the pure rhetorical value of the question and said nothing in response.

No comments: