bad-min-ton n. A sport played by volleying a shuttlecock back and forth over a high narrow net by
means of a light, long-handled racket. (American Heritage Dictionary)
bad-min-ton n. Something bored people do at picnics with relatives they see once a year. (Pauli)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Absurdist Bumper Stickers

I read a particularly stupid bumper sticker the other day. It said "E Pluribus Meow: In Cats We Trust". I mean, most people know that "In God we trust" is not the translation of e pluribus unum which means "from many, one". And the replacement of God with any species of animal, let alone domesticated felines, for any type of national or communal reliance is probably highly suspect even among agnostics.

I decided I should come up with some other stupid bumper stickers, see what you think. They are all based on actual stickers I've seen.

10. My other bumper sticker is on my wheel-barrow.
9. Pro-Union, Pro-American, Anti-Constipation
8. My other car has more stickers on it.
7. I was an honor student too and look where it got me.
6. If you can read this, you know this car is using BIODIESEL.
5. My collie is an obedience school honor student.
4. Let someone else take your internal organs to Heaven.
3. Play the Dukes of Hazzard theme backwards and you'll go flying out the window.
2. Sean Meople Puck

...and...

1. I could tell you what my other car is, but I'd have to kill you.

No comments: